Sunday 18 October 2009

Vark Questionnaire


Results

Your scores were:

  • Visual: 4
  • Aural: 8
  • Read/Write: 8
  • Kinesthetic: 6
You have a multimodal (VARK) learning preference.

INTAKE

To take in the information:

  • lists
  • headings
  • dictionaries
  • glossaries
  • definitions
  • handouts
  • textbooks
  • readings - library
  • notes (often verbatim)
  • teachers who use words well and have lots of information in sentences and notes
  • essays
  • manuals (computing and laboratory)


SWOT - Study without tears

To make a learnable package


OUTPUT

To perform well in any test, assignment or examination:

  • Write exam answers.
  • Practice with multiple choice questions.
  • Write paragraphs, beginnings and endings.
  • Write your lists (a,b,c,d,1,2,3,4).
  • Arrange your words into hierarchies and points.

What I think about the questionnaire and its results:

A quite helpful tool with proper guidance and teaches how to improve your intake, it reminds me that whenever I wanted to learn something or to keep in my head I always write it down couple of times until it remain over there. It became such a habit that I have to write down dates, schedules, answers, and passwords even my own mobile number. After completing the questionnaire some of the advices are really helpful like to improve performance in assignments or exams writing exam answers, practicing MCQS and also writing paragraphs, beginnings and endings so it means I have to write a lot to keep it in my head.

Although this kind of evaluation form puts you into a certain class but in the end tells you what your strengths are, you’re weaknesses and how to improve it.


1 comment:

  1. You are lucky that you learn in a multi-modal way!
    You now have you 10% for the PDP element of this module.
    Please look on my blog http://learningandskills1.blogspot.com for an example of a literature review.

    ReplyDelete